Surrogacy and other fertility treatment procedures sounds like a good idea when it comes to turning an ever gloomy childless couple into smiling parents. But one should know the success of ART treatments largely depends upon the professional enlightenment of the doctors and surgeons involved in the process. They possess traits that will definitely have a bearing on a successful outcome-like experience, expertise and focus.
To choose the right fertility doctor will certainly maximise the chances of achieving a successful pregnancy. So how to select the right person? Here are some tips that will guide you in finding the right answers to your queries:
1. You can surf Yellow pages as these contain good and authentic sources of infertility specialists and their qualifications along with referrals from previous patients.
2. Surf the internet to have all information you want regarding your fertility doctor, his or her background and qualifications.
3. Reputed fertility clinics have comprehensive and elaborate websites that will help you get authentic information. Along with their professional qualifications, their contributions to the development of fertility and surrogacy science, their association with renowned embryological and human reproduction research organisations, their papers and research materials published in leading medical journals circulated globally are all presented in a neat chronological sequence. You only have to locate the right website by engaging your search engine intelligently.
4. To add to the reliability, you may ask suggestions from your friends or couples who underwent fertility treatments and infertility support groups.
5. After short listing the names and contact numbers of doctors and clinics, you can call up the clinic to know further details regarding doctor’s availability, treatment schedule and related expenses.
Beware of fake and unaccomplished doctors and clinics
There are fakes and mediocre fertility surgeons feigning like a very successful professional opening up clinics in the most posh locality of the town. A simple investigative approach could reveal a lot about the quality of the doctor and the authenticity of the qualifications he flaunts.
Check out the following things:
1. Is the clinic located in a decent location amidst other clinics or hospitals?
2. Is the clinic accessible to public?
3. What is the opinion of the local crowd about the clinic?
4. If it is a new set up, you need to check more things about patient handling, quality of treatment provided by visiting doctors.
5. What is the nature of the visiting crowd? Does it comprise only of foreigners or are locals also using its fertility treatment support?
6. Does the name of the clinic exist in the latest circulations of health magazines and branded medical journals?
7. Does the clinic keep latest medical journals in the patient waiting rooms? It indicates that the docs want to keep you informed on the latest medical issues with a view to educate you. This is possible when the doctor himself is qualified and wants his patients to be at least aware of what is going on in the medical world.